RULES & REGULATIONS
- Benches are the property of Hawkins Cemetery and are not to be moved. Some have been purchased by individuals and placed by a burial space.
- Floral arrangements should be in unbreakable containers and placed on or near the headstone to avoid mower damage. Please anchor all decorations so that they do not blow away.
- No glass containers, no candles or open flames, and no alcoholic beverages or containers are allowed in the cemetery. Be aware of fire danger when smoking.
- Kindly remove all fresh or silk flowers, wreaths, decorations, etc. from the grave when they become withered or unsightly. Take away any trash (water bottles, tissues, etc.) left in or near the area you visit.
- Remove containers that hold standing water.
- Please have your funeral director to identify the grave of your loved one with a temporary marker until a permanent stone marker is set.
- A concrete grave liner is required for all burials.
- Lettering on gravestones on the east side of the cemetery should face west, lettering on gravestones on the west side should face east.
- Scattering of cremation remains is not allowed in our cemetery.
- Green burials are not allowed in our cemetery.
Your cooperation in these matters is greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping us maintain our “little country cemetery”.